Thursday, October 2, 2008

Q IS FOR QUILT

My mother-in-law is so talented and makes the most gorgeous quilts. She has made a beautiful baby quilt for each one of my kids and I LOVE them all. I know she wants me to let the kids use them but I just can't bring myself to do it, so I've hung them all above their beds. I just got Quinn's in the mail. Isn't it sweet? I love the little bits of yellow.


Collin's quilt has 21 star patches! That is something like 16 pieces cut and fit together perfectly for each star!


Gracie's quilt has probably been the most time consuming of all the quilts Joy has made for the grandkids, but oooh how I love it! I feel a little bit guilty because I told her that I wanted a Sunbonnet Sue quilt for Gracie, but I didn't know how much work it was going to be. I don't think Joy knew either or else she would have told me "no way"! Each Sunbonnet Sue was hand appliqued on. There are little buttons and bows on each square. It is really my favorite.


These pictures really do not do the quilts justice but they give you some idea of how beautiful they really are. I know that they "technically" aren't mine but they are some of the very few material things that I actually care about.

6 comments:

Joy said...

WOW! Look at those quilts!
Nana

Heather said...

Those are GORGEOUS! I wish I knew how to quilt.

Jessica said...

I am always amazed at people who quilt...so much detail goes into those. They are Beautiful!

Kelline said...

Hi Shannon! Your kids are so big. My family blogs a lot too...if you want to stay in touch more. My blog sight is boelfamilycraze@blogspot.com you can find links to my mom's blog, Abra's, Nancy's (whose in Egypt), David's and Josie's. Love you, hope to stay in touch more.

Aquaspce said...

Hey Shannon!
Found your blog by accident actually but I'm glad I did!
Your kids are absolutely gorgeous!
And your quilts are amazing :)
Love you.
Abra

Nancy said...

Hey Shannon!
Found your blog via Abra's! Wow, Collin really looks like your brothers!