Sunday, May 4, 2008

Visiting Teaching Activity

Our relief societ recently had a visiting teaching activity. Someone from our ward sang the most beautiful song from the broadway Wicked. Scroll down and check it out at the very bottom of the page. They also gave us this poem which I love!
The Awakening
"I'm only a visiting teacher," she
said, and her head hung low.
"I'm really not very important, I
guess I'll not go.
I'm sure that no one will miss
me, no one will really care.
I'll see to my work this morning,
instead of going there."

So she hurried around all morning,
her home was polished and swept;
then stopping to rest for a moment,
she sat in her chair and slept.
And scarce had her eyelids fluttered,
before a vision came to her sight;
And standing there before her was a
personage clothed in white.

She saw in His hands the nailprints,
His brow where the thorns had lain.
His side where the sword had pierced it;
His face with its look of pain.
"I gave you some work to do,"
it seemed she heard Him say,
"You thought it of no importance,
so you stayed home today."

"You did not deliver my message;
you did not feed my sheep.
You only slept and polished
and stayed at home to sleep."
"Oh, Master," she cried, "Forgive
me, that I should fail to see.
Had I done it unto the least of these,
I'd have done it unto thee."

-Anona Tomlinson Peterson



1 comment:

The Wright Stuff said...

Sounds like it was a really nice V.T. Conference. BTW, why I am I not on your "people I love" list???? I'll try not to be offended by that....